- Academic Research:
Launching a scheme for visiting scholars / professors in Catholic Studies, inviting eminent scholars worldwide to the Chinese University of Hong Kong to do research, teach, or give public lectures.
Appointing and sponsoring local and non-local scholars to conduct research, especially on exploring relationships between the Catholic Church and the society from both the historical and contemporary perspectives.
- University Education:
Through the Department of Cultural and Religious Studies, CUHK, the Centre helps to:
- Facilitate financial and academic support to Master/Doctorate students specializing in Catholic Studies research work.
- Establish a Stream of Catholic Studies within the curriculum of the MA in Religious Studies programme.
- Provide Undergraduate courses and general education courses related to Catholic Studies.
- Academic Conference:Organizing conference related to Catholic Studies.
- Scholarly Publication:Publishing academic works on Catholic Studies, including periodicals and books series.
- Disseminating Knowledge of Catholic Culture:Making efforts to spread Catholic culture in variety of forms, e.g. public lectures, exhibition, etc.